Monday, May 14, 2012

Ding Dong!

I am sure we can all remember that horrific day back in 2001 when the Twin Towers were hit by the airplanes and took many innocent American lives. I personally was in the 10th grade in English class. I remember walking into class, sitting down, and the teacher turning on the television so we can try to figure out what was going on. It felt weird to even finish class that day knowing many families in NYC were suffering. That day has impacted this nation for a decade.

Fast forward 10 years later. Do you remember where you were when you heard that Osama Bin Laden was DEAD?! I do! Caleb, his friend Ben, and I were up late playing board games. (I know, cheesy right?) Anyway, Caleb received a text from his brother saying that OBL was dead. Yes, we play board games with the television off! We immediately turn on the television and there it is in big bold letters on the bottom of the screen, "Breaking News: Osama Bin Laden is dead." What great news!

The next day we made sure to buy a newspaper because we already have one from the day after the towers fell. I wanted to remember this day because it is a day that will impact this country as well. Creative Scrappers posted #208 sketch and as soon as I saw it, I knew what picture I would use!


Isn't it a great sketch? I thought so too. Here is my take on this awesome sketch! I used Bo Bunny's Liberty collection for this layout. I love all of the little embellishments that came with the collection!
 Here are a few up close shots of some of my favorite little embellishments. I actually ran out of pop dots (Yes, that REALLY happened!) So I decided to get really creative and use buttons to pop some of my embellishments. It actually worked out perfectly! The star in the middle of the striped circle is "pop dotted" with a button! It really is a great alternative to pop dots if you need one in a pinch. ;)
 I love this "Uncle Sam" hat! It just screams America! The sticker behind the hat says "celebrate freedom."

Hope you enjoyed my take on the sketch and I hope you head on over to Creative Scrappers and check out all of the fabulous reveals over there! You don't want to miss out! :)

Until next time,

No comments:

Post a Comment

Follow this blog with bloglovin

Follow on Bloglovin